Today’s smoothie ingredients:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 large banana
- 1 tbsp ginger
- Almond Milk: has no calories or saturated fat, but is high in healthy omega fatty acids which keep your heart healthy and prevent high blood pressure.
- Baby Spinach: one cup of fresh spinach blended in a smoothie provides almost 200 percent of your daily recommended intake of vitamin K. Vitamin K contains bone-building nutrients that decrease the risk of osteoporosis.
- Strawberries: love the vibrant red color of this delicious berry? This pigment is because of anthocyanins which have been shown to display antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and anti-carcinogenic activities.
- Banana: this funny fruit has high levels of tryptophan, which when consumed is converted into serotonin, a happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Ginger: has a warming effect on the body and stimulates circulation in the bloodstream.
|Calories: 311||Carbs: 60||Fat: 7||Protein: 6||Sodium: 388||Sugar: 33|