3. Milk does not contribute any fat and so you need not worry about those extra pounds! On the contrary it has been proved that people who drink milk regularly stay slim more than those who don’t. Milk gives you many natural vitamins and minerals keeping you healthy and fit.
4. Milk is a very good antacid! Drinking a glass of milk when you experience heartburn can calm your food pipe from inflammation. Drinking milk regularly will prevent heartburn and other gastric problems.
5. For strong bones, teeth, nails and good hair, drink a lot of milk as it is loaded with calcium that helps your body grow strong and flexible.
6. Milk can be a good appetizer, especially when you are dining late. Drinking milk can also act as a stimulant, early morning or even during noon.
7. Drinking a hot glass of milk before bedtime can soothe your nerves and relax your tense muscles putting you off to sleep immediately. This can be really helpful after a tiresome and strenuous day at office.
8. Keep yourself well hydrated by drinking milk on a few occasion3 instead of water. This can cool you body as well as maintain the water/fluid level in the body. Milk consumption after a heavy workout can replenish the body system with the fluid lost while performing the exercises.
9. Milk can also drastically reduce PMS symptoms (Pre-Menstrual Syndrome) as it is a great stress reliever and also boosts the energy level in us.
10. Milk is full of nutrients that our body requires to operate properly. It contains vitamins (for red blood cells), calcium (for strong bones), carbohydrates (for energy), magnesium (for supple muscles), phosphorus (for utilizing the energy), potassium (for a good nervous system), protein (for growth and healing processes), riboflavin (for a healthy and glowing skin) and zinc (to boost the immune system).
Consuming milk during pregnancy and while nursing a newborn can help in improving the calcium content. Women can reap many benefits from drinking milk, especially during menopause, for strong bones and a healthy body. You can add milk to your diet in the form of milkshakes, cornflakes, andcocktails with chocolates, hazelnut syrups and replacing water with milk in recipes. However, people who are allergic to milk contents like lactose have to depend on supplements or other sources of calcium and vitamin to balance their diet.